Here is how to get to Cologne and the hostel:
There are various high speed international train connections to Cologne main station (Köln Hbf). From there, take the underground line 18 towards Thielenbruch or Buchheim Herler Straße; exit at stop Boltensternstraße and walk in the direction of the tram; the hostel is at your right hand side. You need a "1b city ticket"; it costs € 2,80.
- Cologne / Bonn airport: take the S-Bahn to Cologne main station, from there see above.
- Frankfurt international airport: there are many direct trains running between Frankfurt and Cologne. See the website of the German railroad for timetable and tickets. There's no need to buy a ticket in advance, you can buy a ticket at the station at a vending machine or the desk (credit cards accepted). Prices vary between € 49,00 and € 67,00 for a single fare. From the main station take the underground as described above.
Address for your navigation system:
An der Schanz 14
50° 57' 47.71" North, 6° 59' 7.85" East (50.963253N, 6.985514E)
- From Aachen, Krefeld and Neuss: take the A57 until the end of the motorway, then get into the left-hand lane (towards Zoobrücke/Messe), after about 1500 m and before the Zoobrücke (bridge) turn right (towards Zoo/Flora), go straight through the crossroads as far as Rheinuferstraße (Niederländer Ufer), turn left at the traffic lights, after 800 m turn right behind the "AXA tower".
- From Bonn: take the A555 via Köln-Süd until the end of the motorway (towards Köln-Zentrum), turn right at the roundabout (towards Rheinuferstraße), follow this road several kilometres until the "AXA Tower". Turn right behind the "AXA-Tower".
- From Frankfurt or Oberhausen: take the A3 to the Köln-Ost junction, then drive on the motorway (towards Köln-Zentrum), turn right after the Zoobrücke (zoo bridge) (towards Zoo/Flora), turn left at the traffic lights (Niederländer Ufer), turn right after the "AXA Tower".
There are 150 free car parking places available.